Here are just a few examples of how SGNS can help:
Essentially, SGNS aims to do things that any good neighbour would normally do!
- giving lifts to the doctor, hospital or dentist
- fetching prescriptions and library books
- shopping and running errands
- providing company for those living alone
- assisting with social outings for the housebound
- sitting with someone who is ill to provide a break for a full-time carer
- walking the dog for someone who is ill
- helping with small things around the house (watering plants, etc.)
We also provide extra hands at community events and give support to community groups.
We are not . . .
- a replacement for paid labour (as we only help out, like good neighbours do!)
- an emergency service (although in a crisis, we will try to help if we can)
- a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme (which looks out for criminal activity)
- a provider of 'hands-on' care